Paleo fajita makes a great lunch, offering a cocktail of nutrients and flavors. Crispy chicken is mixed with onions and colorful slices of bell peppers for this decadent recipe. Instead of being fried or grilled, this dish is baked in the oven, with the meat and veggies all together. Not only you’ll save time, but also enjoy a delicious, healthy meal.
There is more than one way to make paleo fajita. After trying a couple of recipes, I’ve decided to stick to chicken and vegetables. Sometimes I serve it with taco seasoning and coconut flour wraps or egg wraps. My favorite version of paleo fajita requires chicken breast, fresh and dried spices, veggies, and coconut oil. This recipe is very simple can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less.
I have chosen to use chicken because of its low calorie, high protein content. It tastes amazing and packs a lot of nutrition. I also add bell peppers in different colors, onions, garlic powder, pickles, diced tomatoes, and leftover veggies. This paleo fajita recipe can be also made with pork, beef, or shrimps. The best is to cook a large batch so you can save time and please the whole family.
This classic lunch recipe looks and tastes delicious. The best part is that it can be made with leftovers. Depending on what you have in the fridge, you may also add mushrooms, vegetable broth, avocado, garlic cloves, parsley, and other ingredients. The choice is up to you. Serve these fajitas sizzling hot, with basil and guacamole on top, or wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2-3 pickles (optional)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cilantro or basil for garnish
- Add the coconut oil, garlic powder, chili powder, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a pan;
- Sauté the ingredients for 4-5 minutes
- Place them in a medium bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the chicken breasts into a baking dish.
- Add the vegetable mixture.
- Bake everything in the oven for 20 minutes
- Garnish with basil or cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!