Paleo skillet recipes are the perfect choice for a healthy breakfast. Quick and easy to make, they can feed a large crowd and taste amazing. Unlike regular saute pans, a skillet has curved sides, so it can hold more food. You can use it for cooking meat, chicken, veggies, chorizo, poached eggs, and even cake.
My favorite paleo breakfast skillet recipe is made with fresh tomatoes, eggs, chicken, onions, peppers, and other tasty, nutritious vegetables. Sometimes I add sliced avocado for a creamy texture. My kids eat it right out of the pan! This flavorful meal is ideal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and can be easily customized. If you don’t have all the ingredients at hand, use leftovers or whatever you find in the fridge.
This hearty skillet meal freezes incredibly well, so you can cook large batches during the weekend. When you’re hungry, simply reheat it. If you’re not a paleo fan, serve it with a side of rice or tortillas. Personally, I like this meal just the way it is. Low in carbs and packed with protein, it keeps you full until lunch and provides steady energy.
With just a few minutes of cook time, this paleo breakfast skillet recipe is great for busy mornings when you’re short on time. All you have to do is to prepare the ingredients, throw them in a skillet, and enjoy your coffee. It’s no need to stay in front of the stove while your meal is cooking. So, here are the steps needed to make this savory paleo dish:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Olives or capers for garnish
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat
- Sauté the chopped onions and garlic for about 4 minutes
- Add the sliced mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for another 5-7 minutes
- Put the chicken along with the remaining ingredients in the skillet and cook until soft
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika
- Serve with olives or capers. Enjoy!