Welcome to my spicy Paleo barbeque chicken drumsticks recipe.
In this recipe we will be sharing with you how to make an absolutely delicious homemade barbeque chicken recipe featuring chicken drumsticks.
I absolutely love chicken drumsticks especially if they are made in a barbeque sauce. It is like one of those meals that is bad for you (or you associate it with being unhealthy) but because of the blend of flavours it can be rather addictive and you just want more and more.
In this recipe we are sticking with our favourite homemade marinade and cooking the chicken to perfection.
We personally use chicken drumsticks for this as we find that they are the best bit for a barbeque sauce, but you could use any part of the chicken. Or why not chop up a whole chicken and then have a bit of everything? That way no one is arguing that they have been left with the wings when someone else has the breast!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- For the bbq sauce:
- 1 tsp Garlic puree
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- ¾ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika, smoked
- Pre heat your oven to 200 or gas mark 5. Get a large plastic bowl and put your chicken in it.
- Get your sauce ingredients and blend them altogether mixing really well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add your sauce to your chicken and get your hands dirty by massaging the sauce into the chicken.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a non stick oven tray and place in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes depending on the size of your drumsticks. If in doubt always check to make sure the meat is cooked and there is no red colour.
- Take out of the oven and serve with some sweet potato fries.