Welcome to my Perfect Paleo Pumpkin Choc Chip Cookies recipe.
I am sure you will agree that as soon as someone mentions the word “diet” that you are suddenly thinking that you must have that chocolate chip cookie, that chocolate brownie and of course the chocolate cake right now.
It’s that issue isn’t it?
If someone says you can’t have something you want it more and more. But I think that is where people go wrong with average day to day diets. They are restricted too much and everything is banned where as what I love about Paleo is that you have everything you just have it in a more traditional old fashioned way.
For example we follow what our grandparents and great grandparents would have done and make everything from scratch rather than buying shop bought produce. We still end up with amazing chocolate products but because they don’t have refined sugar in them we are less likely to have chocolate cravings and want more and more.
In this recipe it is all about making a healthier, but delicious version of the traditional choc chip cookies. They are so good you could give them to your kids and they wouldn’t know the difference!!!
- 320g Almond Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Ginger
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180c and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, salt, and the 3 spices.
- Beat together all of the wet ingredients: maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut oil , vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips slowly. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and make it into a ball. Place it on the prepared baking tray and flatten gently using your fingers or palm. Repeat with rest of the dough and should make between 20 to 24 cookies depending how big your balls are.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool on a cooling rack.