Welcome to perfect Paleo lean pork chops with apples recipe.
Pork and apples go together just like salt and pepper or cheese and biscuits. Though lucky for all you Paleo followers out there that both are Paleo friendly and you can have them as much or as little as you like.
I love the flavour of both apple and pork together and they can really bring a dish alive. You can use them on a pork shoulder to make a delicious roast dinner or you could just slow cook your pork with apple and then you have your sliced meat for whenever you need it.
In Europe pork is very cheap and you can really get good value for money that you just cant get with other meats. But if you are on a really cheap budget then nothing beats pork chops. They are easy to cook with and require very little preparation.
So let’s celebrate the humble big with this Paleo classic of lean pork chops with apples.
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1Tsp Paprika
- 1Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- For the Baked Apples:
- 2 Apples
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Dried Cherries
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- To start with take the core out of each apple and cut them in half so you get 4 pieces.
- Add the cherries, honey, water and orange juice into a large frying pan and put to one side.
- Grab the chops and make a rub out of the garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper. Add them to a small dish and mix together then add it to each side of the chops.
- Add the chops to another frying pan with the coconut oil and fry the chops for 3 minutes per side depending how thick the chops are they could need up to 7 minutes. Then transfer the chops into the larger frying pan and simmer them for a further 15 minutes turning every few minutes and remember to baste the chops with the juices.
- When the apples are soft and you have a nice glaze in your pan they are ready to serve.