Welcome to my Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe.
If I could have this for breakfast and lunch forever then I would. We are all told to be able to make a good transition into Paleo that we must find substitutes in our day to day diet and this is my substitute.
I used to love a tortilla wrap with some tuna mayonnaise, loads of sweetcorn along with lettuce and tomato. It was delicious. Then when I took up pulled pork it would always be a pulled pork wrap while we all sat around the coffee table having a nice Friday night supper.
Well this is the kind of recipe that is perfect for that. Swap those tortilla wraps that you normally have with a lettuce one and you will be in food heaven.
This is actually what I love most about Paleo – the ability to take a fruit or vegetable and use it as a Plan B for what you ate before. Its another opportunity for you to eat your five a day and you soon realise that the love of the wrap is the filling not the wrap itself.
So if you want to get into the lettuce wrap craze then read on…..
- 1lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 4 white cabbage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 57g almond butter
- 60ml water
- 2 tblsps coconut aminos,
- 2 tblsps freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 1 tblsp garlic purree
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- Thai seasoning
- Slice your boned and skinned chicken breast into thin strips and place in a frying pan with the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients apart from the lettuce leaves including the seasonings and fry until chicken is cooked and the veggies are soft to touch.
- After frying spread out your washed lettuce leaves and add the mixture evenly between the leaves until all gone.
- Then carefully wrap the lettuce leaf up making sure you leave most of the mixture inside which can be quite tricky if you have large hands.
- Then serve with a dip on the side.