Welcome to my Paleo Thai Beef Curry recipe.
In this recipe I will be showing you how to make a delicious beef curry without the high calories and also following the Paleo way of life. Or as you might say “The paleo rules”.
I always remember beef curry as one of those fattening recipes that was associated with fat celebrities eating by the bucketload and ending up super fat as a result. I had never really tried them myself at the time and was more obsessed with the butter chicken.
If you want a curry that is bad for you it doesn’t get any better than butter chicken with all the butter and cream that goes into the recipe. But at the time I was into my sports so I never gained any weight.
But many of us do and many of us are also addicted to the high calorie beef curry.
But what if we could make one that was lower in calories and also 100% Paleo. Then next time you are feeling guilty about having a curry you can think to yourself how great it can be and how healthy it can be. Plus if you are in it to lose the pounds then they always say that spice speeds up the metabolism.
- 500g diced steak
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- Thai curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 sweet potato
- 100g mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat your slow cooker on high for 15 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan add the steak, olive oil and brown for 5 mins to seal the juices.
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and be sure to take out all of the peppers seeds,Then add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix well.
- I have not put an amount for thai curry paste as I like it not very hot but a lot of people love a spicy curry so add as much or as little as you like, I use 1 tsp.
- Cook on high for 4 hours stirring every so often until everything is cooked and the juices are very tasty.
- Season to taste and serve.
- We like this with some Thai cauliflower rice.