Welcome to my Paleo sweet honey chicken salad recipe.
We all live in a world when our lives revolve around sugar. We love our chocolate chip cookies, our white potatoes, our cakes and most of us would be lost if we didn’t have sugar in our barbeque sauce or pulled pork marinade.
But there is life beyond this and I am not talking a life without sugar as I wouldn’t last a week, but away from processed unhealthy white sugar that has often taken over our lives for way too long. Instead we have honey and it was something that never interested me for a number of years. This is mainly because it just looked horrible and sticky and not something that I would eat.
But I tried it and loved it and I find that when I add a teaspoon of honey to a glass of boiling water and try it (well once it has cooled down a bit) that it reminds of my Grandads cup of tea when he used to put a tablespoon of white sugar in his tea. They tasted just the same. Just imagine if you used honey instead?
You would use a third of what you would use in white sugar, yet you have a delicious natural product instead!
Well this is exactly what we did in this sweet honey chicken salad. Plus honey goes so good in a salad!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 peach
- 1 apple
- 1 bag of lettuce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt &pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 180 or gas mark 4. Heat up a frying pan on a low heat.
- Add the olive oil.
- In a plastic container grab your chicken and mix with the honey. Add your chicken pieces to your non stick frying pan and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Put the chicken pieces onto an oven tray add salt and pepper and then put them into the oven for a further 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking arrange the lettuce on the 4 peoples plate. Slice up a peach after taking the stone out, same with the apple. Open your lettuce bag and add to the peach and apple and mix well.
- Place these on the plates and add some honey or some olive oil. Take the chicken out of the oven and serve with the salad.