Welcome to my Paleo sweet chilli beef salad at Heavy2Healthy.
You always remember favourite food don’t you? Those buns that your grandma made you, the trifle that you had as part of your Sunday dinner, the bowl from the cookie dough that you always licked out, the first time you had a meal out as an adult and the list goes on and on.
What I remember is that during my early college days when I was 16 were the pub meals I used to go out for. The pub was across the road from the college and a real dive. It never had many customers and those that were there happened to be over the age of 60 and smelt and smoked a lot.
But the place also did the most amazing beef sandwiches. Delicious slices of topside beef inside a warm baguette served with lots of cheesy chips. It was heaven and when I was at college once a week that was always my place for lunch. It was also a treat that I kept to myself and I would sneak in with a book and be lost in the food moment.
Well on Paleo traditional sandwiches are banned and this is a great alternative for all you beef lovers out there!
- 4 slices of cooked beef
- ½ chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 200 g lettuce
- 5 slices cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- This is perfect for if you have some spare beef left the next day from your roast.
- If you have big slices of beef chop in half and put into a bowl, take the seeds out of the chilli and finely chop into little squares.
- Add to the beef with the olive oil, honey salt & pepper.
- Place the beef mix on a plate then chop your cucumber, tomatoes and add them to the same bowl with the lettuce.
- Mix well to soak up the lovely juices and then serve with the beef.