Welcome to my Paleo style BBQ spare ribs at Heavy2Healthy.net.
When I think of BBQ ribs I always think of the super fattening ones that are far from healthy that I see on American barbeque cookery shows. They look bad and I bet they taste delicious. You then watch away and see how much brown sugar that goes into them or how much soy sauce they use and you are smitten. But it is as far away from Paleo as you could possibly get!
Yet in this recipe we are proving that you can thoroughly enjoy homemade Paleo style BBQ pork ribs without the gigantic calories and that they could actually be good for you.
Plus you can use the same marinade on some other meat too if you are fancying a barbeque flavour to your food.
Plus serve it up with a big salad, some seasonal vegetables or wait until the summer and serve it up with some Paleo burgers and sausages.
The point is the choice is yours 🙂 oh and this is making me super hungry just writing about it, I better go and make some of my own!
- 500g Pork spare ribs
- BBQ Rub
- (3 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp mustard powder, 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp thyme)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat your slow cooker on the high setting.
- Mix all your bbq rub ingredients together.
- Rub everything into the spare ribs really well.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker and add some olive oil.
- Cook for between 3-4 hours depending on the size of your ribs.
- Then take out and serve.