Welcome to my Paleo slow cooker beef sausage casserole recipe at Heavy2Healthy.
I have always said the best bit about autumn and winter is the food. Most people don’t like the winter weather and its all about snuggling in front of the fire with a good movie and comforting food. Well for me the warming foods always start with a delicious homemade casserole.
Those casseroles that make you feel good about yourself and make you realise that this is what food is all about.
My favourite type of casserole is sausage and tomato. It was the first kind of casserole that I learnt how to cook and is my absolute favourite. The tomatoes and the sausages go so well together and it is so easy to make. You could even teach a child to make it! Throw all the ingredients together and you have your dream meal.
Plus if your kids have got cold on the walk home from school they would be over the moon to find out this was waiting at home for them.
- 1 pack thick sausages
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes roughly chopped
- 1 can tinned plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Pre heat your slow cooker on high setting for 15 minutes before you add all the ingredients into it.
- Give the mixture a good mix and let it cook. After 2 hours check the slow cooker and have a taste to see if the seasoning needs adjusting.
- If not turn the slow cooker down onto medium until the timer has finished, if you do not have a timer another 3 hours should good.
- When ready serve with paleo homemade dumplings.