Welcome to my Paleo roasted leg of pork recipe here at Heavy2Healthy.net.
In our latest Paleo recipe we will be getting you hooked on a paleo roasted leg of pork.
In the Victorian era food would just be seasoned with salt and maybe the odd herb and that was it. You would enjoy the meat for what it is rather than what has been put on top of it. It was delicious it was full of flavour and the heat of things such as chilli never happened so it didn’t take you away from the flavour.
Now I love Brazilian food as it will be seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic and is so amazing. So in this recipe we will be taking into account the flavours of Victorian food and Brazilian food to prove that with delicious meat that less is more.
You can then cook it to perfection and serve it with all your favourite vegetables. It is perfect for Sunday lunch, for family gatherings and remember you can cook some extra and use the leftovers for taking to work in your packed lunch!
Whatever you do enjoy your leg of pork and here is to delicious home cooked pork!
- 2kg leg of pork
- Olive oil
- Pre- heat your oven on full.
- Score the pork with a knife and rub in the salt and olive oil.
- Cook the pork for 40 minutes on high until you can see a good crackling forming on the top.
- Then turn the oven down to 170c/gas 3 for a further 2 hours so that the pork is slow cooked and very tender.
- Get it out of the oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving.