Welcome to my Paleo roasted chicken thighs with cherry tomatoes recipe.
There is often this running theme with people for the same excuse as to why they can’t go Paleo. It is always down to the same thing……..cost. They say it costs too much money to go Paleo therefore they will stick to the takeaways that they are currently eating, still buy the branded biscuits that they love and the supermarket rotisserie chickens are always on their weekly grocery shopping list.
However from my point of view, I have found that you can drop your grocery shopping bill by at least 40% just by kissing goodbye to the takeaways and buying the branded processed foods. For example you have no issue before Paleo in having a Chinese takeaway and spending £20 on it, so why not create one at home that is healthier for £2?
I also upgraded the amount of quality meat I bought and still saved lots of money and it shows you that you can eat Paleo and save money. That is actually the inspiration behind today’s recipe this we have put together for you.
Not everybody cares for chicken wings as they are really cheap and don’t have much meat on them, yet other people find chicken breasts really expensive. That is why chicken thighs become the average priced middle ground. They have bones in them but they also carry a lot of meat and are brilliant for baking in the oven, pan frying or even placing on the barbeque.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tin of plum or chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180 gas mark 4
- Grab your casserole dish and add the coconut oil to it and place on a high heat. When the coconut oil is hot add the chicken thighs (skin side down) and cook for 5 minutes and then turn, Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Take the chicken thighs out and place on a separate plate and then add your garlic, plum tomatoes and salt and pepper and heat up for 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken back to the casserole dish with your cherry tomatoes then place in the oven for 40 minutes or until your chicken thighs are cooked and moist.
- Take out and we like to serve this with a few sweet potato fries.