Welcome to my Paleo pork and vegetable feast recipe.
I have spent way too many years watching celebrity chefs on the TV. One of my favourites that I have been watching since the late 90’s has been Jamie Oliver. I remember when he was on BBC 2 as the Naked Chef. It was a brilliant show and helped me learn how to cook.
However the husband always jokes around about it.
He always says that he over uses the chopping board and the food processor and why is food always served on a platter? Well I love it when he serves the food on the platter and it always looks so delicious and I often end up doing the same thing myself!
On the platter for this recipe we have lovely chunks of pork steak with asparagus wrapped in bacon and some baby carrots. A meal that looks and tastes delicious and that is full of flavour without you needing to go away from the Paleo way of life.
In many ways for me this is what Paleo is about and that is having great food that everyone loves that is so good that you don’t miss what you used to it!
- Pack of 5 pork steaks
- 1 pack Asparagus
- 1 pack of lean unsmoked back bacon
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 leek (washed and peeled)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- We like to cook our pork steaks in a pan as it gives them good flavour. So firstly wash all your vegetables and prepare them by taking the asparagus bottoms of a good inch and then wrapping them with bacon. Slice your leek into equal pieces about ½ inch across.
- The baby carrots should be peeled and the tops taken of. If you have a steamer I would steam your vegetables (apart from the asparagus). Steam them as per your steamers instructions.
- In your frying pan add the olive oil and the asparagus and then let them cook for a few minutes before adding the pork steaks. We like to cook them altogether as the flavour from the bacon around the asparagus gives the pork a great flavour.
- When the pork is ready and firm to touch serve with the asparagus and vegetables.