Welcome to my Paleo pork and veg kebabs recipe.
I love kebabs. I mean I really love kebabs. I love it when I go on holiday in the summer to somewhere nice on the Mediterranean and they are serving up traditional European kebabs. Forget the ones associated with England that have old craps of lamb doner kebab and are served with a load of rubbish and are full of calories.
What I am talking about here is the real thing. Succulent pieces of meat mixed with vegetables and cooked in nice healthy oil and served with a big salad and lots of marinade.
My favourites are either the pork ones or the prawn ones. They are then layered with vegetables and they taste amazing.
They certainly bring a new meaning to the word “kebab” and I just wish I could get them more often like this in England as if I could I would be eating them all the time.
The other benefit is that if you are making them for yourself then you can choose the meat or fish that you want to add and the sane goes for the vegetables. Just make them your own and enjoy!
- 500g Diced pork
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Pack of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- Preheat your griddle pan or grill on medium heat.
- Start by mixing your pork salt and pepper lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Mix well and put in fridge. Whilst the pork is in the fridge slice the pepper into large chunks so that they fit on the skewers.
- Take the pork out of the fridge and firstly add your pepper and then add a few pieces of pork and then add the cherry tomato to the bottom, repeat for the number of skewers you have to hand and how much pork you want on each skewer.
- Add the pork to the griddle pan or skewers and cook until the pork is firm to the touch but if you are unsure test the pork by cutting it in half and making sure it is not pink in the middle. Turn occasionally and when ready serve with a dip and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.