Welcome to my Paleo pork kebabs and peppers here at heavy2healthy.net.
Did someone mention kebabs? Oh yes I am there please can I have them NOW?
I love kebabs and the great thing about them is that you can do a whole range of toppings and then marinade them with whatever is in season.
But if I mention the word “kebabs” to my fellow Brits they are thinking of something else totally different. You see what is in popular in the UK is Doner Kebabs which is as far away from healthy as you could possibly get. Imagine a kebab made with leftover chicken meat that is cut incredibly thin and then served inside pita bread with loads of salad and sauce. Plus if you saw the quality of the meat that goes into it, you’ll wonder if it was ever healthy to begin with.
But kebabs in my world are totally different. I am talking about when you have a kebab on the skewers and it is full to bursting with delicious meat and quick cook vegetables. I have lemon chicken ones in the summer with red onion or courgette and then in the winter I love pork and either pineapple or peppers.
In this version I am going with my winter favourite of pork with delicious different coloured peppers. So next time you fancy some delicious grilled meat then give this one a go!
- 500g Diced Pork
- 1 pepper (Red)
- 1 pepper yellow
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Kebab skewers
- Pre heat your griddle pan or BBQ.
- Prepare your peppers by taking out the seeds and slicing in half and then half again. Just use ¼ of each of the peppers and cut the quarters into half so you are left with a few squares of pepper to put onto the kebabs.
- Rub salt and pepper into your meat and make sure any excess fat is removed then add the meat onto the skewers alternating with some pepper.
- Keep doing this until all of the pepper and pork are used up.
- Place kebabs onto the griddle pan or BBQ and cook on each side for 10 minutes.
- The pork should be firm to touch when it is ready take of and serve with some honey brushed over the kebabs just before eating.