Looking for a healthy summertime dessert? My paleo peaches and cream recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth without adding empty calories. The combination of fresh peaches and whipped cream is irresistible! This decadent dessert consisting of fruit and healthy fats is ideal for foodies and dieters alike.
Peaches and cream are a match made in heaven. It’s the perfect dessert for the hot summer days when you want a light treat. Compared to most fruits, peaches are sweetener, juicier, and lower in calories. Packed with vitamins A and C, they keep your skin healthy and radiant. One serving has less than 40 calories, so it’s no need to worry about weight gain.
These juicy fruits are native to China, but they grow all over the world. Rich in antioxidants, peaches slow down aging and fight free radicals. Due to their high content of vitamin C, they boost immune function and support cell regeneration. One fruit provides 11 percent of the RDA of vitamin A, 5 percent of the RDA of niacin, 5 percent of the RDA of vitamin E, and 4 percent of the RDA of dietary fiber. Peaches are also an excellent source of iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and phytonutrients.
As you see, paleo peaches and cream isn’t just delicious, but healthy too. The fats in cream provide energy and suppress your appetite, keeping you full between meals. Peaches are naturally sweet, so you don’t need to add honey. This quick, tasty recipe will make dieting easier and remind you of childhood.
- 4 ripe peaches, cut in half with pit removed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or a serving of coconut butter
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit
- In a separate bowl, whip together vanilla and coconut milk
- Pour the mixture over the peach halves
- Add cinnamon and chopped walnuts on top
- Serve immediately or leave it in fridge for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!