Welcome to our fluffy and light angel cake from heavy 2 Healthy. This cake is lovely and not very hard to make and also paleo friendly. This is great as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee made from the cream on top of the can of coconut milk.
We do not have many ingredients which is one of the best things about this recipe. May be if you are craving some chocolate you can add some chocolate chips to the mixture or melt some dark chocolate over the top after it is cooked to give yourself a good kick of chocolate.
This recipe can be used for so many different cakes enjoy!
- 12 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tspn fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbspn pure vanilla extract
- 165g coconut sugar
- 136g coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and make sure your oven rack is in the middle
- Place the egg whites and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and whisk until foamy and you can form stiff peaks. Then add the salt and vanilla.
- Whisk in the salt and vanilla for a further 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the maple syrup and mix with a hand whisk. Then add the coconut flour and coconut sugar very slowly again using a hand whisk as to not know out all the air.
- Then when all the things are added use your electric whisk to make into a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into an angel cake tin. If you have not got one a normal cake tin will be fine. Use grease proof paper to line the tin
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, until cake is puffed and the top is just turning golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Place on a cooling tray and should be left for one hour before removing from the tin.
- Serve on its own or with some coconut cream. We like adding some honey to some coconut cream and some cocoa powder. It does taste delicious.