Welcome to my recipe for Paleo energy bars for a quick Paleo breakfast.
It wasn’t until recently that I started to experiment with the idea of the energy bars. And to be honest it wasn’t until 2016 that I had even heard of energy bars let alone tried one. Though in my mind they are great for Paleo followers, sporty people and people that snack a lot.
I used to love to have the Special K Cereal Bars. They were plugged as being good for you, but in reality you know they are not. So I would have those as a snack, or as a breakfast when I didn’t want anything more substantial and in the evening when I was feeling like eating something small.
But the idea that you could have lots of vitamins into a quick homemade snack as a breakfast sounds brilliant. It has taken me a while experimenting with them to get the recipe right but I think I am finally here……
So when you have one of those days when you don’t want breakfast or you are late waiting for a meal, then have these.
- 4 Cups Mixed Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans chopped)
- 10 Dates (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 Egg Whites/or 2Tbsps Honey
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 5 Drops Vanilla Extract
- Pre heat the oven to 220c or if you are using an airfryer then pre heat to 200. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and make sure they are mixed in very well. The consistency of the mixture should be the same throughout the bowl.
- Using a large baking tray 9x13 approximately line with a baking sheet and then lightly grease the baking sheet then add the mixture to the tray and level out. Put into the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool on a cooling tray.
- If you are using the airfryer then I would roll the mixture into small balls and cook these for about 10 minutes. I would put about 8 balls in the airfryer at one time. When ready tip out onto a cooling tray.