Welcome to my Paleo creamy chicken stew recipe.
Whenever I think of eating healthy my mind always ends up back at the same food for a healthy balanced diet and that is chicken. It is full of delicious flavour and you can make a whole variety of dishes with it thanks to how versatile it is.
I love a whole roasted chicken, chicken salad, chicken and rice, chicken casserole, chicken stir fry and don’t get me started about how much I love a chicken stew.
In this recipe I am sharing with you one of my favourite chicken stew recipes and it is just perfect for this time of year when you want something warm, nutritious and filling for the winter months.
To make it Paleo it has coconut milk to give it that lovely creamy flavour or if you want it to be lower in calories I would recommend a cauliflower sauce instead.
Then when you serve it up have it with some cauliflower pizza or with some pumpkin muffins, then you have the perfect dinner for you and your family.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 red onion
- 4 carrots
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat your slow cooker. Chop up the whole chicken into legs breasts and wings. If you do not know how then you can buy these separately.
- When the slow cooker has heated up add the garlic puree, tomato puree, plum tomatoes and coconut oil and mix together.
- Chop up the rest of the vegetables into manageable pieces and place them into the slow cooker and mix well. After about 10 minutes add the chicken onto the top of the mixture.
- After about an hour grab the coconut milk and mix into your casserole being very gentle as not to take the chicken of the bone.
- Slow cook for 5 hours altogether or until your chicken is falling of off the bone. Season to taste and serve.