Welcome to my Paleo coconut oil whole roasted chicken.
No matter what time of year it is I just love a whole roasted chicken. In the summer I love it on the rotisserie chicken as part of a family barbeque, yet in winter I love them roasted in the oven and it does a great job of warming up the place on a cold winter’s day.
Chicken of course is the perfect Paleo food. It is full of protein and is so easy to cook with. You can then serve it up with a whole variety of fruits and vegetables depending what time of the year it is. I often have a whole chicken cooked in the summer and then I will slice it up and serve it with some avocado and tomatoes and it is absolutely delicious. Yet at this time of year here I am having it as part of a roast dinner just because it’s a comforting winter food that the whole family can enjoy.
The best bit though about this whole chicken recipe though, is that it is just four ingredients – the whole chicken, the good fat (aka coconut oil) and then the salt and pepper. It is simple yet so tasty. Also if you are one of those that when it comes to Paleo struggles to find things to take to work for lunch then whole chicken leftovers are just perfect.
So never mind chatting about the whole chicken and how delicious it is, why not get cooking!!!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- , Pre heat the oven to 200c gas mark 4
- , Prepare the chicken by rubbing the coconut oil into the skin of the chicken and then add salt and pepper and also rub that into the skin as well.
- , Place the chicken into the pre heated oven for roughly 11/2 hours depending on the size of your chicken.
- , After that time check the juices of the chicken by sticking a sharp thin point into the thickest part of the breast and if the juices run clear the chicken is cooked if they are still red then put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- , When ready leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- , I Like to serve with my chicken some fried vegetables cooked in the airfryer then drizzled in honey and mustard dressing. Then some sweet potato roasties go down a treat as well.