Welcome to our chocolate chip courgette bread. We were dying to try this recipe because we did not think it would after I tried it at someone’s house! Can’t say too much as they are a friend, so I thought I bet I can do a better job and here it is.
I really get the need to try and better something when I try some food and all it is wrong with it is that the person who cooked it did not really know what they were doing. This was a perfect example not too everyone’s taste but when I made it and made some adjustments it turned out ok.
We have it as a snack now between meals and it goes down a treat!
- 1 medium courgette shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1 banana
- 3 tbps maple syrup
- 2 tbps coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1½ tspn ground cinnamon
- ¾ tspn baking soda
- ¼ tspn ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tspn salt
- 4 ozs dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven 200/gas mark 5. Line a 8×8-inch metal baking tray with grease proof paper. Set aside.
- Place the shredded courgette in a clean dry dish cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana, then whisk in the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt, then mix well. The batter will be very thick. Stir in the shredded corgette, then fold in some of the chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared tray. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. When cool take out of the tray using the grease proof paper to help.