Welcome to my Paleo chicken and tuna avocado cups.
I am loving the trend that is going on at the moment with avocados and what you can fill them with. In the old days an avocado went on a salad or went in a smoothie and was known more as a sauce mix rather than a stand alone food that you would get into it.
But avocados taste amazing and you should really be getting into them from the point of view of avocado being the main focus of the dish. It can be the wow factor and it can really make you fall head over heels in love with this delicious health food.
But I also HATE fried eggs and I notice that whenever someone stuffs an avocado it will always involve frying an egg. However in this recipe we will be egg free and having our avocado stuffed with some delicious chicken and tuna. Also this is the ultimate protein lift because of the high levels of chicken and tuna.
I would also recommend this for sports people that want to stay full and want something satisfying before exercise.
Also you don’t just have to have this as a snack it could also be breakfast, lunch or even supper.
- 2 chicken breasts skinned and diced
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil/coconut oil
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly prepare your avocados by chopping them in half and taking the stones out. Then you can place them in the fridge. Then chop your tomatoes into small evenly sized cubes, don’t forget to take the core out of the tomato.
- Then chop your chicken into small cubes and add it to a frying pan. Fry the chicken with the olive oil garlic puree and seasoning.
- The chicken should be ready after about 10 minutes but check first before you take it of off the heat.
- Add the tuna, chopped tomatoes to the cooked chicken and mix well but gently.
- Take the avocados out of the fridge and place a good amount of the mixture into the avocado where the stone was.
- We like to serve these for a light snack with a small amount of coconut cream on the side to give the mixture a creamy texture.