Want to enjoy your favorite rice dishes without having to worry about carbs? Or maybe you wish to lose a few pounds? Then make sure you try cauliflower rice with curry. This savory meal is healthier than traditional rice, featuring a beautiful yellow color and a rich taste. Low in carbs and high in fiber, it keeps hunger at bay and satisfies your cravings.
Paleo cauliflower rice is a bold and comforting dish for low carb dieters. Cauliflower, its main ingredient, boasts large amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and folic acid. It’s also a great source of biotin, phosphorus, manganese, and choline. These nutrients are particularly beneficial during pregnancy.
Additionally, cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a natural compound that kills cancer cells and slows tumor growth. This substance also lowers inflammation and fights free radicals. One serving of cauliflower delivers over 77 percent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, which helps increase immunity. Rich in fiber, this veggie boosts digestion and prevents bacterial overgrowth of Helicobacter pylori.
The problem is that some people don’t like cauliflower. Most children actually hate it. Cauliflower rice, on the other hand, has a subtle flavor. If you add curry and spices, it tastes just like real rice. On top of that, it’s low in carbs and packs a ton of nutrients. There are only 25 calories in 100 grams of cauliflower rice, so you should definitely try it out. This recipe is so delicious that you’ll end up craving for more. Personally, I am hooked. There are several ways to cook this savory dish. Here is one of the best favorite cauliflower rice recipes:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Use a food processor for shredded the cauliflower; you may also use a box grater.
- Heat a skillet and add coconut oil or other cooking fat.
- Once the oil melts, add the cauliflower and cook for about five minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add spices, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Keep stirring.
- Add the bell peppers and continue to cool until they become soft
- When it's ready, garnish with parsley.