Welcome to my recipe for Paleo cauliflower rice and kale salad topped with chicken breast.
I doubt that unless kale chips had been invented that anyone would actually know what kale is. After all, that was the first time I had heard of it and before then if I saw it in the supermarket I would just think it was a cooked version of spinach.
But the day I first had kale chips it was a life saver. The thought that you could have something that tasted like processed foods but was as healthy as you could possibly get was amazing. I remember it being served with nuts and coming in a big bag and it could have been a packet of cheese and onion crisps, yet it wasn’t. It was something healthy inside that gave out the same crunch.
But it wasn’t cheap and due to it being a health food it was the kind of snack that was going to break the bank. But it got me excited about kale and from that moment on I wanted it on everything and anything.
This recipe for Paleo cauliflower rice is a prime example. You can have the kale with your chicken breast as a fantastic alternative to broccoli and then have it with lots of cauliflower rice, then forget for a moment that you are having a healthy meal compared to an unhealthy one.
- 2 Skinned Chicken breasts
- ½ A Blended Cauliflower
- A Handful of kale
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- , Add the chicken breasts to a frying pan with some olive oil. Whilst the chicken breasts are cooking remember to keep turning and checking the chicken breast as you do not want it to become dry.
- , Chop the cauliflower up into small pieces and add to a food blender and blend on high speed until it is really a fine texture just like rice.
- , Then when the chicken breasts are ready usually about 20 minutes but check by cutting into the middle of the breast to make sure it is not pink inside. Then add the cauliflower rice into the same pan and fry the cauliflower until a nice soft mixture. Also add the tarragon, thyme and mixed herbs salt and pepper to the cauliflower.
- , After about 10 minutes add the kale to your cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes until it is well mixed in.
- , Add seasoning to taste and serve on a small plate and then slice the rested chicken breast on to the top of the cauliflower and kale mix.