Packed with the flavors of traditional pumpkin pie, these delicious paleo muffins will melt in your mouth. Fluffy and warm, they will satisfy your sweet tooth and remind you of childhood. I made this treat a few days ago, and my friends couldn’t even tell that there was no flour in it.
My paleo breakfast pumpkin muffins recipe is a perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Rich in fiber and antioxidants, they will make you forget you’re on a diet. This healthy breakfast treat is gluten and dairy free, and has no sugar. On top of that, it’s low in carbs and delivers a generous amount of protein.
After trying several muffin recipes, I’ve decided to create my own version. I wanted a breakfast treat that’s quick and easy to make, grain free, and paleo friendly. Whipping up these muffins takes just minutes, so you can enjoy them right away. My hubby is a big fan of them too!
These paleo muffins are full of flavor. The pumpkin keeps them naturally moist and adds consistency, so it’s no need to add corn starch or xanthan gum. As you probably know, these ingredients are off limits on the paleo diet. My breakfast muffin recipe is 100% paleo approved. It has just the right amount of sweetness and packs a lot of fiber to keep you satisfied throughout the morning. Low in calories, these muffins can serve as a healthy snack to fuel your day. “Epic” doesn’t even come close to describing this decadent treat.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Put the walnuts in a food processor to chop them
- Fill a muffin tin with silicone baking cups
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well
- Pour the mixture into baking cups
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Add finely grind pecans and cinnamon on top when the muffins are almost ready (optional)