Healthy and full of flavor, this paleo breakfast casserole will fuel your day. It’s a versatile dish that can be served hot or cooked ahead for grab-and-go meals throughout the week. If you’re hungry right away, you can freeze it for later. The mix of textures is phenomenal! My favorite recipe combines the flavors of sweet potato, bacon, eggs, herbs, and seasonings for a unique culinary experience.
What I love the most about this breakfast casserole is its simplicity. You can use as many or as few ingredients as you wish. Personally, I make it with leftover vegetables and meat in various combinations. Sometimes I use chicken or pork. Other times, I prefer to cook it with fish. It all comes down to what I have available in the fridge.
This paleo casserole recipe is easy to make and has no grains, dairy, or fillings. With just a few ingredients, you can cook a large batch that will last for days. It’s the kind of dish that can be made ahead of time and then stashed in the fridge for quick meals later. Even a child can do it! Your only job is to mix the ingredients together and throw them in a pot. The oven will do the rest. It’s that simple!
My version of paleo casserole boasts layers of fresh veggies, delicious ground meat, and spices with a bold flavor. It not only looks amazing, but has a savory taste. On top of that, it can save you a ton of time in the kitchen and add variety to your diet.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Spices (rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, cilantro, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the bacon, potatoes, garlic, onion, and bell pepper
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, and then add the ground meat
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper, and spices in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the casserole dish and bake for up to 50 minutes.
- Garish with fresh chopped parsley
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!