My paleo breakfast burritos are the perfect way to start your day. Extremely versatile and satisfying, this healthy meal will keep you full until late noon. Low in calories and carbs, it’s a great choice for those who want to slim down. The best part is that it takes just 15 minutes to make!
Regular burritos have up to 800 calories per serving, and contain flour, gluten, sauces, and unhealthy fats. My version is much healthier and delicious. This grain-free paleo breakfast burrito recipe makes a filling, protein-rich meal that wards off hunger and delights your senses. You can enjoy it first thing in the morning or later in the day.
There is more than one way to make paleo burritos. Some people use bacon instead of tortilla wraps. Some make the wraps from coconut flour. Others wrap the burritos in cabbage or lettuce. As for fillings, the options are endless. You can mix and match various ingredients, such as bacon, scrambled eggs, chicken, seafood, salmon, ground beef, sausages, tomatoes, onion, and much more.
My version of paleo burritos contains grass-fed ground beef, spices, and lots of vegetables. I make the wraps with coconut flour and eggs. They are so rich and tasty, definitely worth the extra cooking! I like lettuce wraps too, but these are a better alternative. It’s the kind of breakfast you can hold in your hands. So, here is the best paleo burrito recipe ever:
- ¼ coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, butter, or melted ghee
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Burrito filling:
- ¼ lbs grass fed ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Spices (turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, paprika, chili flakes, etc.)
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil and place it over medium heat
- Sauté the peppers, onions, tomato, and chili flakes
- Add ground beef and spices to the skillet
- Once mixed, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk three eggs
- Add the remaining tortilla ingredients
- Pour the mixture in a pan and let cook.
- Transfer the crepes to a plate
- Fill them with the meat and vegetable stuffing
- Roll up the wraps like a burrito. Enjoy!