Looking for quick breakfast recipes? Is your muffin tray empty since you switched to paleo? If so, make sure you try these delicious paleo bacon frittata muffins! This easy, yummy recipe will go straight to your heart and fill your belly. It’s the perfect choice for busy mornings and lazy afternoons.
My paleo breakfast bacon frittata muffins are easy to make and endlessly adaptable. The main ingredients are eggs and bacon. Depending on what you have in the fridge, you can also add spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, onion, coconut milk, garlic, prosciutto, and much more. A few weeks ago, I’ve run out of bacon, so I’ve replaced it with chicken breast. This recipe can be also made with sun dried tomatoes, turkey or beef, mushrooms, parsley, or bell peppers.
You can cook these tasty treats whenever you have some extra veggies in the fridge. If you don’t eat everything at once, freeze them for later. Before serving, you will just need to microwave them. Personally, I make the muffins in the evening so I can grab a few next day in the morning. They look exactly like real muffins, but have no flour or grains.
These bacon frittata muffins are paleo friendly, low carbs, and gluten free. They also contain no dairy or nuts. If you have celiac disease or lactose intolerance, you’ll love this recipe. Loaded with protein, it fills you up quickly, fuels your muscles, and keeps your metabolism up. It makes a great pre or post workout snack for gym enthusiasts. You can even enjoy it in the evening or late at night without having to worry about carbs or calories.
- ½ pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 12 eggs
- ½ pound frozen spinach
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 red, green, or yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Chili pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- ¼ tsp paprika (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Divide the bacon, vegetables, flax seeds, and garlic equally into the muffin cups
- Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, salt, pepper, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into each muffin cup; do not fill the cups completely!
- Bake in the preheated oven for up to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley (optional)