Welcome to my Paleo bite sized burgers here at Heavy2Healthy.net.
I don’t know about you but I just love burgers. The taste of them as you take the first bite and the fact that you could eat burgers from dusk until dawn if you were given the chance!
But quite often we associate burgers with McDonalds or Burger King and never really think of them as something healthy to have as part of a balanced diet.
But a lot of that is how they are cooked, rather than the produce itself. Fast food often comes with chemicals and added extras that we should not be eating and therefore it gives us that horrible feeling after we have eaten a burger, or for many obese people….two burgers!
But if you made this yourself with lean pork mince then you can create a delicious homemade pork burger yourself without having to worry about it being high in calories and even higher in chemicals.
Plus I love making my burgers as I am feeling the urge for some fast food and have lots of bags of pork mince in the freezer for that special fast food moment. Plus if your kids had these when they came home from school I doubt that they would blame you that McDonalds is something of the past.
- 250g Lean Pork Mince
- 1 small onion
- Mixed herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat your oven on 180c.
- Put your minced pork into a plastic bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and add it to the minced pork.
- Mix well with your hands making a nice smooth mixture with no lumps of meat.
- Add the mixed herbs and salt and pepper.
- Take roughly the size of a tablespoon of the mixture out and squash into a bite sized burger. Do this for the remaining mixture.
- Place on an oven tray and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. But if you have an Air Fryer these cook really well in there with a splash of olive oil.
- When ready make sure the burgers are firm to touch and serve. We like to serve the burgers with some sweet potato fries and an egg salad.