Welcome to our Paleo beef kebabs.
I love kebabs and they remind me of lovely family holidays on the Mediterranean. Forget about the kebabs that you had from the kebab shop the real proper ones are the ones that feature in restaurants in countries like Greece and the Greek Isles. They are full of flavour and have a mixture of different meats and vegetables.
The kebabs I always remember though were always the lemon chicken ones when you had on the skewers with lots of colourful pepper slices and lots of red onion.
But in this recipe we are enjoying a touch of red meat to make it a different flavour and to show you that you don’t always have to have chicken on them. Plus I often find that you can end up with some red meat leftover with no decent use for it and this can be ideal.
You could also change this recipe to suit with whatever leftover vegetables you have available. So with it being Christmas next month it would be the ideal time to have some turkey on your skewers!
- 500g diced beef
- 2 red onions
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt & pepper
- Pre heat your BBQ or grill pan and oven to 200.
- Make sure any fat or sinew has been taken off the beef and then roughly chop the red onions.
- skewers should be enough so place meat first and then some red onion, don’t be shy put on as much as you like.
- Keep going until all the meat and onions are used.
- Brush them with honey and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place on the bbq or griddle pan to cook. I like my meat just cooked not well done so I leave mine for about 10 minutes each side turning as I go, but adjust the time as you see fit with how you like your beef cooked.
- If you do not have a bbq or griddle pan then place your kebabs in an oven tray and put in the pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready take out and serve with dipping sauce.