Nothing beats a hearty bowl of stew on the cold winter days. Aside from being delicious, it’s a frugal meal that can feed a crowd. After trying several paleo beef stews recipes, I’ve created my own version using staple items like celery, carrots, onion, and tomatoes. This was the best and easiest beef stew I have ever tried!
It’s always handy to have meal ideas that can be prepared using leftovers. My fridge is always stocked with vegetables and lean cuts of meat. These ingredients can be used in a various recipes, or frozen for later. If I’m not in the mood to cook, I simply throw them in a pot to make a delicious, hearty stew. The best part is that I can watch TV or relax while my food is cooking.
This quick beef stew, flavored with cumin, oregano, and garlic, will make your taste buds go into overdrive. With its rich flavor and thick consistency, it has become one of my go-to staples on paleo. The use of a wide range of vegetables in this hearty meal ensures you’re getting enough nutrients. You can add whatever vegetables and spices you like. Just make sure they’re allowed on the paleo diet.
I cook this dish in double and even triple batches so I can freeze it for later meals. It’s a great way to save time and reduce waste. This flavorful paleo beef and tomato stew will fill your house with its incredible aroma! Here is the recipe:
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef stew meat
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5-7 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, copped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz tomatoes, diced
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Cumin, oregano, thyme, and rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Warm up a skillet and then add coconut oil and vegetables
- Cook for up to 5 minutes, stirring well
- When the vegetables are soft, add the beef, chicken stock, tomato paste, and herbs
- Add the potatoes and simmer for one hour.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add parsley and other herbs for garnish