Welcome to my Paleo baked pork shoulder recipe.
In this recipe I will be sharing with you how to make the most delicious baked pork shoulder recipe and how to keep it completely Paleo at the same time.
For me the one thing about enjoying Paleo the most is the meat. I am leaving behind my fast food habit, my booze, my crisps, my high carbs and I have to have something special to look forward to.
Therefore the thing that I get excited about and look forward to the most is the meat. Succulent home cooked meat that I want to enjoy over and over again.
As long as the meat tastes good and is made in a much healthier way then I am sold on it and I can’t wait to have it.
In this recipe it is all about the delicious pork shoulder cooked to perfection and then served as a healthy family meal. It is perfect for a Sunday roast, a date night, a girl’s night in, a barbeque treat or even when you just want some comfort food during these winter months.
You can also follow this same recipe with a cheaper cut of pork or go all out and use it with a pork tenderloin.
- 2kg Pork Shoulder
- Olive oil
- 3Tbsp Honey
- 1Tbsp Mustard Powder
- 1Tbsp Thyme
- 1Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat your slow cooker on high.
- Rub your pork shoulder with your pre made bbq spice blend (all your ingredients minus the olive oil and the pork)
- Make sure it is well rubbed in.
- Add the olive oil to the slow cooker and then add the pork.
- Cook for 5 hours or until you can pull it apart with ease.
- Place on a serving board and serve usually with salad and some sweet potatoes.