Looking for paleo breakfast ideas? If so, you must try paleo baked eggs with mushrooms! It’s a fantastic way to start the day. This easy breakfast recipe is high in protein and low in carbs. In addition to eggs and mushrooms, you can add onions, spinach, red peppers, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, and much more.
What I like about this recipe is its simplicity. All you have to do is to mix the ingredients together, throw them in a baking dish, and then wait a few minutes until they’re ready. In the meantime, you can drink your coffee, get dressed for work, or check your email. Even those who are new to cooking can make this tasty breakfast dish.
If you’re busy in the morning, prepare everything you need the night before. Chop the onions, peppers, and other veggies, combine them in a bowl, and freeze them overnight. Eventually, you can sauté the mushrooms and spinach, and put them in the baking dish for next morning. When you wake up, all you have to do is to add the eggs to the mixture and bake them. It’s really simple!
Loaded with protein, this paleo breakfast dish will keep you full and ward off cravings. Protein also increases your metabolic rate, so you’ll burn more calories throughout the day. The only carbs in this recipe come from vegetables. If you’re on a low carb diet, look no further. The veggies add volume to your meal, so you’ll feel like you’re eating a lot. A single serving is huge!
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Basil or cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of bacon (optional)
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces and mix them in a bowl
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion in a skillet greased with olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all ingredients in a baking dish
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Garnish with basil, cilantro, or parsley. Enjoy!