Paleo frittata is one of the most perfect foods. Cheap and easy to cook, it’s a great choice for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. It takes minutes to prepare and can be made with leftovers. It tastes as good warm or at room temperature as it does cold.
What I love the most about frittata is its versatility. There are so many ways to cook this dish that you could try a new recipe every day of the week. My favorite choice is paleo bacon and spinach frittata, which packs a ton of nutrients. The egg, one of the most nutrient-dense foods on earth, fuels your muscles and speeds up recovery after exercise. Rich in protein, it keeps hunger at bay and suppresses cravings. Due to their low calorie content, eggs are ideal for dieters.
My paleo frittata recipe also contains spinach and bacon. Packed with fiber and antioxidants, spinach improves digestion and boosts your overall health. It’s also an excellent source of iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins.
Despite its high fat content, bacon is a healthy addition to your meal. It’s not only tasty, but nutritious too. The protein in bacon helps build and maintain muscle, regulates your appetite, and fills you up quickly. More than half of its fat content is monounsaturated and consists of oleic cid, which supports cardiovascular health. Bacon is also rich in phosphorous, selenium, B vitamins, iron, and potassium.
If you’re looking for healthy paleo breakfast ideas, try this delicious frittata recipe! Your kids will love it too!
- 8 eggs
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2-3 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the bacon and onion in a skillet pan for about 4 minutes
- Add the tomato and spinach to the skillet
- Whish the eggs with salt, pepper, and basil in a separate bowl
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet
- Stir gently and then cook for 5 minutes
- Place in the oven and bake for up to 15 minutes
- When it's ready, allow to rest for 1-2 minutes
- Cut it into slices and enjoy!