Welcome to my juicy paleo pork chops recipe at Heavy2Healthy.net.
There is often this expectation that because you are on Paleo that everything is about eating expensive produce. The mention of organic beef or other products that you would simply not be able to afford in the real world.
But even though it is nice to eat organic food if you can, the main point of Paleo is to eat delicious real food such as meat and vegetables cooked from scratch rather than having a takeaway of really cheap meat.
But on Paleo one cheap meat that is always overlooked is pork chops. They are very cheap, easy to cook and make a fantastic pairing with your delicious vegetables.
In this recipe we will be adding a honey glaze and adding lots of fresh tomatoes and mushrooms.
It really is a frugal meal that all members of the family will love and at the same time you can change the recipe for whatever seasonal vegetables you have in. For example for me I love it with avocados and tomatoes rather than with mushrooms but it is all about personal choice.
- 2 pork chops
- 100g Mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil (optional)
- Pre heat your grill or frying pan depending on what you are using to cook the chops.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chops.
- Place on the grill and cook for 8 minutes each side depending on how thick they are.
- Add some olive oil to a frying pan and then add your mushrooms and tomatoes to the pan and fry until soft.
- If you are using the frying pan the chops will usually take up to 4 minutes longer.
- Half way through cooking them add the mushrooms and tomatoes into the pan with the chops.
- When the chops are ready (before service) spread the honey over both sides of the chops with some more salt and pepper.
- I always add the honey after cooking to stop it burning in the frying pan.