Welcome to our grilled Paleo rib eye steak recipe.
If you love steak (well I do) then you’ll love this delicious rib eye steak recipe.
For me when I moved to the Paleo way of life what got my attention first was that I could eat all this amazing meat whenever I liked. That if I wanted fillet steak for dinner loaded with lots of vegetables then I could. Just like if I had cravings for a doner kebab that I could replace it with lots of carved lamb as a super healthy alternative.
The first time I ever had rib eye steak was when my partner introduced me to it when we were dating. It was something different to the sirloin that I was used to and it went so well with some jacket potatoes and onion rings.
Of course my life now revolves around Paleo so gone are the onion rings and instead they are replaced with loads of vine tomatoes and instead of a jacket potato we have sweet potato. If you’re not into the sweet potato phase yet then I thoroughly recommend that you get into it as it’s a great alternative to the traditional jacket spud.
So lets get cooking that juicy steak shall we?
- 1 8oz Rib eye steak
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat your grill/griddle pan
- Prepare your steak by trimming any fat off and season with salt and pepper, if you are grilling the meat cover in olive oil but if you are cooking it in a griddle pan add the olive oil to it.
- Depending how you like your steak cooked I like mine medium rare, just perfect, it will need to be under the grill for 10 minutes each side depending on the thickness of your steak.
- This is also the same time if you are using a griddle pan.
- Whilst the steak is cooking prepare your tomatoes by sprinkling them with olive oil and adding them either to the grill or griddle pan when the steak is 5 minutes from being ready.
- Peel your sweet potato and chop into fries then add the fries into an oven proof dish into the oven or an airfryer if you have one. Make sure your fries are thin so they will cook quicker and will be ready the same time as your steak.
- When your steak is ready place on your plate and add the honey over the top with a pastry brush lightly brushing the top of the steak then add the slightly cooked tomatoes and then your fries when they are ready.
- Season to taste and Serve.