Welcome to my recipe for grain free Paleo bread.
Actually, just thinking about this it reminds me of a conversation I had with my mum last week. She is always buying me new things and shopping at different shops and then asking me what I would like her to get me. I asked for some gluten free products and she was puzzled by the idea of it. You see she is a bread and cheese addict with a lot of white wine thrown in and the thought of something like Paleo would have her running in the opposite direction.
So when I asked for gluten free flour….OMG…..you would have thought I had said I was pregnant with triplets. Then the next day she came back to me and asked what I eat instead of bread?
To which I replied….I don’t really like bread and really don’t miss it. I would rather have a salad.
I just couldn’t believe that the person that was once addicted to cheese sandwiches with processed sauces hardly has any bread now! I mean seriously what happened to me?
But I do like my bread every now and again and this recipe is based around when I fancy some bread but I want it to fit in with my Paleo lifestyle.
- 150g Almond Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 50g Coconut Oil
- ½ Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 32g Ground Golden Flax Seed
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180. Line an 8 x 4" loaf pan with a baking sheet, grease well with oil.
- In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and the cider vinegar with a blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground flax, coconut flour, baking soda and salt and pepper. Mix the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet mix, pour into the greased and lined bread tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from bread tin by pulling up on the baking sheet. Put on cooling tray to cool completely.