Welcome to my finger licking Paleo KFC style chicken.
Who doesn’t love a KFC? The idea that you can have all that lovely crunchy pieces of chicken with the amazing crispy skin and have a really big pig out.
I know many people that really don’t care for Fast Food and say that they don’t eat fast food and then I will catch them at KFC. Some how they don’t consider KFC as fast food compared to McDonalds, Subway or Burger King.
But when you compare the calories there is more in KFC than there are at the others. KFC is what I call the fast food for grow ups and you can see how they can end up gaining weight if they are regular visitors to the establishment.
Unlike McDonalds where you are on a simple meal deal, KFC comes in these huge portions and before you know it you have gone through 3000 calories on one meal.
However if you make a KFC yourself you can save a small fortune on calories and the costs on the wallet are also very good.
This recipe is a great starting point for your finger licking Paleo KFC style chicken.
- 900g Chicken Breast (cut into strips like kfc crispy strip size)
- 85g Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 340g Almond Flour (extra 50g for rolling the chicken in so the egg sticks to the chicken)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat your Grill pan and add some Coconut Oil where you will be placing the chicken strips. 2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and make sure they are well mixed. Whisk eggs in a high sided bowl. Pour the flour onto a plate.
- Dip the chicken into the flour first and then the eggs. Add the chicken into the previously mixed dry ingredients. Place the chicken on the Grill pan and cook until they are golden brown.
- Serve with various extras like chips, sweetcorn and salad.