Welcome to my Paleo mayonnaise recipe.
Who doesn’t love mayonnaise? That lovely thick and creamy sauce that goes on top of your McChicken burger, on top of your chips, with your salad, in your tuna or even to dip into your bread.
The only problem is, out of a lot of the processed foods that you quit when you go Paleo mayonnaise is one of the worst things that you could eat. It is often full of sugar and bad fats and even though it tastes good, it should be one of the first things that you quit.
But if you ever want to make one and ask a chef about it, then they will always tell you to go and buy some from the supermarket instead. The reason for this is because of the eggs mixed with the oil it can often turn into scrambled eggs if you’re not careful.
But a chef friend of mine showed me how to do mayonnaise without this happening and how you could make a Paleo one without too much hassle.
So here goes….my perfect Paleo mayonnaise that you can make yourself at home and tastes truly amazing.
- 2 Eggs
- 1Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2Tsp Mustard (depends how strong you like your mayo on which mustard to use)
- 680g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Make sure you have your food processor already set up and are familiar with it. If things go wrong you will know what to do if you are prepared!
- Firstly add the eggs, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard into the food processor on a slow setting.
- While the machine is still spinning, very slowly add the oil. Keep adding oil until it is all in the food processor.
- Now keep your food processor on until the eggs and oil have formed an a thick gloopy Mayonnaise. It should just look like what you get in a jar of Hellmann’s. If not then you need to start again
- You can store in a fridge for up to 2 weeks.