Welcome to my easy Paleo chocolate brownie recipe.
I am sure you expected me to jump on board with a Paleo brownies recipe after what I said earlier this week. Well I have and here I am with it!
We were in Spain last month on a family holiday and we had a great time. But sticking to Paleo was difficult when we were away. At breakfast it was very heavy on the high carbs and the processed foods and then when you were eating out it was a case of always trying to be careful. The good thing is that a lot of Spanish food it based around homemade tomato sauces, lots of olive oil, great salads and plenty of meat. So I would say you could easily stick to it 75% of the time.
I was actually really impressed by how good I was. I didn’t touch any processed food for breakfast and the only way I was non-Paleo was by having the pancakes for breakfast with Greek yoghurt and gluten based flour as that was the closest I could get to going Paleo without starving myself!
Then when I was out I had a lot of meat dishes and had a delicious trip to the Brazillian where you have lots of meat with garlic and olive oil carved at your table.
But there was one tiny little moment at the supermarket. Okay it was a big moment and it was called a large chocolate brownie cake. I did share it with my husband and my kids so I wasn’t all bad. Just partly bad!
But it got me thinking that when I got home I was FINALLY going to make my own Paleo brownie and this is the result!
- 3 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Mashed Banana
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- First preheat oven to 180c. Then spray a small baking dish or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray or rub some coconut oil around the dish.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, mash banana. Then add in the egg white, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add in the rest of ingredients and mix until smooth. We like using a wooden spoon to mix this recipe.
- The mixture should be very similar to the normal chocolate brownie batter.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes or until the knife comes out clean when you test it.