Beat the summer heat with this refreshing chicken mango salad! It tastes delicious and makes a great paleo lunch! This light and fresh salad will cool you off and make you forget about the high temperatures. Loaded with protein and fiber, it will keep your digestive system running smoothly and fill you up.
Who really wants to turn on the oven when it’s so hot outside? With this delicious chicken mango salad, you’ll satisfy your cravings and ward off hunger. Your only job is to combine the ingredients together and add seasonings. It’s that easy!
Personally, I use chicken breast, mango, avocado, leafy greens, and spices. This paleo salad also goes well with olives, capere, almonds, and bell peppers. If you’re not on the paleo diet, you can even make a creamy salad dressing using Greek yogurt. Paleo mayo is a great choice too.
Mango, one of the key ingredients, is packed with nutrients that prevent cancer, lower cholesterol levels, and restore the body’s pH balance. This fruit contains astragalin, gallic acid, quercetin, and other compounds that protect against colon, breast, prostate, and leukemia cancers. One cup provides over 25 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which helps improve eye health and prevents cataracts. Mango may also reduce your risk of diabetes, boost digestion, and strengthens your immune system.
This flavorful paleo salad also contains chicken, which is one of the best protein sources. Chicken has no carbs at all, so it’s a good choice for those trying to lose weight. I also add leafy greens to get extra fiber and vitamins. Kale, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, and other veggies are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, keeping your blood sugar levels stable. So, here is the best paleo chicken mango salad you have ever tried:
- 1-2 cups of steamed/boiled/grilled/roasted chicken breast, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 cups leafy greens (spinach, kale, cabbage, etc.)
- 1 small onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the chicken breast. You can boil, steam, roast, or grill it. Leftover chicken is just fine.
- Mix it with the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, herbs, and spices.
- Leave it in the fridge for 1-2 hours or serve immediately.