Paleo egg and cheese muffins are a simple breakfast on the go. They’re the perfect solution to hectic weekdays when you don’t have time to make scrambled eggs, oatmeal, or other dish that requires standing at the stove. This quick breakfast appeals to any busy person, whether a student, a business professional, or a health conscious individual. It’s tasty, hearty, and fun to serve.
What I like the most about these egg and cheese muffins is that they can be made ahead of time, and refrigerated for days. You can cook them over the weekend and eat a few each day. This way, you won’t have to make breakfast every morning. It’s great way to save time and eat well.
Personally, I’ve tried different versions of these little scrambled egg bites. They can be cooked in a multitude of ways – it all comes down to your taste. Feel free to use spinach, kale, cauliflower, shredded Cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, parsley, chicken strips, bacon, onion, and other paleo approved ingredients. If you have a sweet tooth, add honey and berries instead of salt and spices.
My paleo egg and cheese muffins can be enjoyed anytime, not only for breakfast. They are ideal for those lazy afternoons when you’re not in the mood to cook. If you’re hungry before bedtime, grab one and enjoy every bite. These muffins are low in calories and carbs, so it’s no need to worry about weight gain.
Here is my favorite version of paleo egg and cheese muffins:
- 8 pastured eggs
- ¼ cup cheese
- ½ red, green, or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 pieces of bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the bacon and veggies into small pieces.
- Peel and mash the avocado in a separate bowl.
- Mix everything in a larger bowl.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven.
- Bake for about half an hour.
- Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!